Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Text converting to currency from CSV to Crystal Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
kiwiana23
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 29 Jul 2012
Location: New Zealand
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Quote kiwiana23 Replybullet Topic: Text converting to currency from CSV to Crystal
     Posted: 26 Sep 2012 at 1:34pm
I'm building a report from a CSV file. One of the fields in this has several options as follows:

12
16
9998
9999
M13
M14
M15
M16
S13
S14
S15
S16

I would have thought this would come across as text, however Crystal is converting it to currency. Normally I would simply write a formula to display the correct text, but both S13 and M13, for example, are converting to $13.00 and there's no way to differentiate them. Any thoughts?

Edit: forgot to add, it's being written as an automated report so unfortunately I can't just remove the number-only fields -- and I need them anyway, just as numbers.

Edited by kiwiana23 - 26 Sep 2012 at 1:36pm
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum