Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: First Call Formula Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
MLEstrada
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 19 Sep 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Quote MLEstrada Replybullet Topic: First Call Formula
     Posted: 19 Sep 2012 at 6:10am
Hello everyone! This is something I've been struggling with a bit. I need to compile a report that will pull the first time log entry each day for the technicians. Is there a formula that I could write for this? I'm pulling the data from Tigerpaw software database, if anyone is familiar with that. Confused
 
Can anyone help? I have no clue where to even start.
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 19 Sep 2012 at 9:01am
I don't know about a formula, but this is what I would do.
 
get the tables that relate to the technicians and the time logs, group by the technician first then the time log, sorting the time log in ascending order.
 
suppress the details and the technician group header, then just print the technician and the time log info in the time log group header (as it is the first record of the group).
 
you will probably have to filter out the records that are not for the date in question, but this is a general plan.
 
HTH
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum