Topic: Suppress multiple sections using multiple values Posted: 03 Sep 2012 at 5:05am
From looking over similar questions I hope this will be an easy one for someone to help me with.
I have a single field (state) that tracks office locations for a person. I'm writing a report that must display certain sections of the report based on what state(s) the person has in their record. This is simple if they only have one state, but if they have multiple values in the state field I'm only able to get the first one to suppress. For example, if a person has offices in CA, FL, and NY, I need to show all 3 of those sections, and suppress the other 5 state sections in my report. Currently, I'm only able to get CA to suppress because it is the first value in the list.
Right now, I'm using "{state} <> XX" (with XX being the state abbreviation) to suppress the sections. Could someone please take a look and let me know where I'm messing this up?
Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
Posted: 04 Sep 2012 at 4:16am
I assume that you're grouping by person, correct? I would then create an inner group by state and put data in state group header sections instead of details or person group header sections. At that point your suppression formula should work correctly.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum