Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: problem in subreport Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
nahalrazeghi
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 02 Sep 2012
Location: Iran
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 11
Quote nahalrazeghi Replybullet Topic: problem in subreport
     Posted: 02 Sep 2012 at 8:37pm
Hi All,
First of all I'm sorry because of my awful English.
I am using Vs2010 and win7 and crystal 2008 .
I have a problem as I use sub report that  includes  4 tables ,
at the first I use some fields from the table which has a relation with main report , everything works fine but when i use any field from other tables in the sub report I get a error , why cant i use other tables in sub report?
what do i do ?
I'm losing my mind and i don't know how i can figure it out ?
 please help me ..CryCry
Cry

Edited by nahalrazeghi - 02 Sep 2012 at 9:19pm
Nahal
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 04 Sep 2012 at 4:22am
the only thought that comes to mind is that other tables in the subreport are not linked to the table with a relation to the main report.
 
HTH
IP IP Logged
nahalrazeghi
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 02 Sep 2012
Location: Iran
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 11
Quote nahalrazeghi Replybullet Posted: 04 Sep 2012 at 9:19pm
Thank you so much for your reply ,
yes , but all of them have a relation with the table that has a relation with main report , in addition this Dataset worked for me  in crystal report 8 ,
I have been looking for this problem all day now.

please help me...
Nahal
IP IP Logged
nahalrazeghi
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 02 Sep 2012
Location: Iran
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 11
Quote nahalrazeghi Replybullet Posted: 08 Sep 2012 at 5:03am
Hi again ,
I cant find any solution for my problem , it's driven me mad

I make a simple DataSet which includes 3 tables(1.Student,2.Mark,3.Lesson) ,
I have used studdent's table in my  main report and  Mark and Lesson into my subreport , student's table has relation with mark's table and mark's table has a relation with lesson also .
as i use just one filed from lesson i got a exception ,
i don't know why this happen , because I had used it many times  in Crystal report 8 .what is the difference between two crystal report 8 and crystal report 12 Confused? 
please please help me ,Cry 


 



Edited by nahalrazeghi - 08 Sep 2012 at 5:12am
Nahal
IP IP Logged
nahalrazeghi
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 02 Sep 2012
Location: Iran
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 11
Quote nahalrazeghi Replybullet Posted: 09 Sep 2012 at 2:46am
please gimme one idea about it :(  
Nahal
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 10 Sep 2012 at 7:28am
sorry, not a clue.
if the links/relations are the same in the subreport and you are passing a value from the main report that will then link to records in the subreport, the subreports should work. 
 
Nothing changed that much in regards to subreports/tables/links/main report between versions of the CR, at least not that I am aware of.
 
Sorry I can't be of more help.
IP IP Logged
nahalrazeghi
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 02 Sep 2012
Location: Iran
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 11
Quote nahalrazeghi Replybullet Posted: 11 Sep 2012 at 3:07am
Thank you for taking the time to answer me .
I removed the subreport and used all the tables into my main report ,
i found that my problem isnt subreport , it might be tables links .
but i dont know where can be .
:(Wacko
Nahal
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum