Topic: Crosstab issue Posted: 01 Sep 2012 at 11:40pm
Hi,
I have a query regarding data display in crosstab in Crystal Reports Designer XI.
I'm using a cross tab to display column data and its corresponding values in rows.
There are some row values which are split into two columns. I want to combine those row values defined for two columns into one column.
In my above example I want to display the row values '3','5','9' and '2' of col D to appear in the same row but in col C and want to suppress col D
Can anyone help me!
Thanks in advance.
I could not find a way to attach a screenshot while posting this new topic which would help understanding my query.
Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
Posted: 04 Sep 2012 at 4:06am
If I understand you correctly, you want Column C to look something like this: 3, 5, 9, 2. Is this correct or are you looking for the sum of these - 19 - to appear in the column?
Since the numbers appear in different rows based on how your cross-tab is configured, they would have to appear in a "Total" row of some sort. Is that what you're looking for?
Also I would like to highlight that
a) RowA, RowB, RowE and RowF are not associated with
ColC.
b) RowC and RowD are not associated with ColD.
c) ColA, ColB, ColC, and ColD are values of same field
(say filed1) from a table and RowA, RowB, RowC, RowD,
RowE and RowF are values of same fields (say field2)
from the same table
Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
Posted: 04 Sep 2012 at 5:33am
Ahh! I think I understand now.
I think this can be done using Calculated Members, but I haven't played with that functionality enough to be able to tell you exactly how it would work.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum