Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: CSV File Output w special characters on 1st Line Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Dawn08
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 12 Feb 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 22
Quote Dawn08 Replybullet Topic: CSV File Output w special characters on 1st Line
     Posted: 24 Aug 2012 at 5:15am

Using CR 11.5 I out put a file in csv format using a Pipe separator. The data is exporting as expected and looks fine, but I'm getting some special characters prior to the 1st line of data.

 

The characters are 

 

I suppressed all sections except the detail area. Does anyone know how to remove these or what is causing the issue?

 

Thanks,

Dawn

 

 

IP IP Logged
Dawn08
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 12 Feb 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 22
Quote Dawn08 Replybullet Posted: 24 Aug 2012 at 6:05am
Apparenlty these are 'Byte order mark' BOM
 
The file needs to be set to UTF-8 Encoding with BOM turned off. I did not see a way to do that in Crystal, but could in NotePad++.
 
 
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum