Hi all
I'm extremely new to Crystal and am starting on version XI.
I have a data that I am taking from a reource planning system. The system allows us to track staff's whereabouts and the activities they have planned for the day.
The data that I have is a start and end time of the tasks for each person displayed as seconds on the 24hr clock. So if a tast was due to start at 08:00 that would be 28800 seconds from midnight. I calculate the duration of the task by simply taking the end time from the start time.
All of the information below is being gathered on the Detail level.
Task Start Time (seconds) End Time (seconds) Duration
1 34200 39600 5400
2 37500 38400 900
3 39600 41400 1800
4 41400 48600 7200
5 43200 45000 1800
6 48600 50400 1800
Logically you would expect this system not to start a new task until the previous task has finished however this is not the case.
My problem is that task overlap as can be seen with task 1 & 2, 4 & 5. This means that the duration of task 1 & 4 are not correct because there was a time during these tasks when the person was really doing tasks 2 & 5
I want to be able to identify if any task falls within the timeframe of another and if it does remove the duration of the secondary task from the original.
Any help at all would be greatly appreciated. I just don't have the skills or knowledge at this moment to know where to start or if its even possible.
many thanks