Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Shared variable usage Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
EHammer
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 09 Aug 2012
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Quote EHammer Replybullet Topic: Shared variable usage
     Posted: 09 Aug 2012 at 10:16am
I have a subreport that contains a shared variable for a vendor code.  I would like to group on the shared variable on my main report.  I can't get the variable formula to show as an option for selection when I "Insert Group".  I currently have the subreport in GH2b on the main report and the formula calling the shared variable in GH2c.
 
Is it even possible to group on a shared variable?
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 09 Aug 2012 at 10:24am
no it is not possible.
it is created in a pass after groups have been created


Edited by DBlank - 09 Aug 2012 at 10:27am
IP IP Logged
EHammer
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 09 Aug 2012
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Quote EHammer Replybullet Posted: 09 Aug 2012 at 10:25am
That's what I was afraid of ... thanks for the quick reply.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum