Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: How to Hide Prompt Values based on condition Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
shanth
Groupie
Groupie


Joined: 06 Aug 2012
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 75
Quote shanth Replybullet Topic: How to Hide Prompt Values based on condition
     Posted: 06 Aug 2012 at 4:42am
Environment: Crystal Reports 2011, IBM DB2
I have 3 prompts:
?Customer: ALL, Cust1, Cust2, Cust3 (from DB table)
?Ship Type: ALL, Ground, Air, SEA (used formula to change actual field [numbers] to Ground, Air, etc)
?Order Type: ALL, A, B, C, D, ...
Scenario:
user should be able to select ALL Customers or each one
when customer is ALL, user should be able to select either ShipType ALL or OrderType ALL
Ex: when User select ShipType ALL then ALL in OrderType prompt should be hided.
Note: ALL is not a database value, I created in parameter and wrote a formula, when ?Customer= 'ALL' then ?Customer in ['Cust1', 'Cust2','Cust3']
I dont think I can use cascading prompts because, I am writing formulas to get OrderType and ShipeType values.
 Some one please help me. Thanks in Advance..



IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 06 Aug 2012 at 4:49am
to the best of my knowledge, CR doesn't hide any parameter.
 
You can format the record selection formula to ignore the parameter based on the answers, but I don't believe that you can tell CR to not display the input for the parameter.
IP IP Logged
shanth
Groupie
Groupie


Joined: 06 Aug 2012
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 75
Quote shanth Replybullet Posted: 06 Aug 2012 at 6:25pm
Thanks for the quick response lockwelle. Is there any otherway I can accomplish this, through universe or with Dashboard Design (xcelsius)?
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 07 Aug 2012 at 4:34am
sorry, I am unfamiliar with those applications. My company uses wizards that we program, so in our app we could hide the parameters easily.
 
Sorry I am no help on how you might accomplish this, other than to show the parameters and have the filter formula ignore the entries when they should be 'hidden'
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum