Topic: How to suppress a group header when there is no da Posted: 25 Jul 2012 at 7:39am
Good Day,
I am banging my head against the wall trying to figure out how to format
my report. I am sure this is something easy to do, but for the life of
me, I am stuck!
Joined: 19 Jun 2007
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 432
Posted: 25 Jul 2012 at 8:02am
Open the Section Expert. It has a check box for 'suppress a blank section'. If that does not give you what you want then there is a formula button just to the right. Create a formula that using a field that indicates whether the section is blank or empty. Possibly
{AffectedService} = ""
The key is suppression by formula works (suppresses) when the formula is true. for example 1+1 = 2 since it is true it will suppress the section.
Also keep in mind you need to do this for each section you want suppressed.
However, looking as what you want, I suggest you take a look at your groups and make sure they are giving you the layout you want. For example having a GRP1 be Affected Service should eliminate the needs for the other GH and GF.
The report has the first group of Affected Service. The second group is the Affected CI the third group is the number of tickets for the Affected Service and Affected CI.
The suppress a blank section does not work because there will always be a list of affected services for this report.
In an ideal world, I would be able to set up a formula like if Group(Affected CI) is null then True.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum