Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Can't Edit Axis Labels Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
firstlastalways
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 25 Jul 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Quote firstlastalways Replybullet Topic: Can't Edit Axis Labels
     Posted: 25 Jul 2012 at 7:24am
I am trying to edit the labels in my chart legend.  It is just a simple bar chart.  I searched for how to edit the labels, and found I need to use 'Edit Axis Label' from the Chart menu.  Well, it's greyed out.  I've looked in the Crystal Reports help and it says:
 

Use the Edit Axis Label command to open the Label Aliasing dialog box. Use this dialog box to create an alias for the selected axis label in your chart.

This command is available only if you have chosen to show labels for the data points on your chart, and if you have selected one of these labels. See Options tab (Chart Expert).

I have done all this, and still cannot select 'Edit Axis Label'.  Has this happened to anyone before?  I can't believe what a pain it is to just edit a legend...
 
edit: using crystal report XI. 


Edited by firstlastalways - 25 Jul 2012 at 7:25am
IP IP Logged
EMStr
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 25 Nov 2014
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote EMStr Replybullet Posted: 26 Nov 2014 at 6:25pm
Hi, unfortunately there is no answer to this old question... Now, I have the same problem with Crystal Reports 2008. I have a stacked percentage bar chart. When it is placed in the report header, I can edit legend. But when I have the similar chart in the group header -then the 'Edit Axis Label' is greyed out so I cannot delete the @-mark. Is this a bug of CR, or should I try to change something in the chart before it works?
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum