Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: VSS Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Yarra
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 13 Dec 2011
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 10
Quote Yarra Replybullet Topic: VSS
     Posted: 23 Jul 2012 at 7:30am
I am asked to add the new reports that I have created to Visual source safe.
I have never done this before and unsure if I need to add the whole rpt file itself or just the code. Any information is helpful.
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 23 Jul 2012 at 7:36am
you add the report. I would be sure to type notes in the detail, as the report is a binary file and you cannot do a diff on it.
 
My Crystal Reports live by the version number in VSS, since you can't tell anything about a file.
 
HTH
IP IP Logged
Yarra
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 13 Dec 2011
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 10
Quote Yarra Replybullet Posted: 23 Jul 2012 at 7:54am
Thank you.

Do you have the steps how to add report to VSS? What do I need to do this and how do i do this?
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 23 Jul 2012 at 8:12am
open vss...it's fairly intuitive, haven't needed to add manually in a long time. 
Since my project is in vss, when I create a new object in visual studios, it is automatically added to vss.
 
HTH
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum