Topic: Export to PDF from reportviewer took too much time Posted: 18 Jul 2012 at 2:53am
I am using crystal reports basic 10.5 that are shipped with VS2008. I have some huge reports of almost 4000 pages. When I export report from ReportViewer to PDF or word then it took almost 3 hours to export that report. We are binding reports with views and assigning filter criteria by record selection formula in report design. We are using web application in asp.net 3.5.
What should I do to improve report performance?
Any change in code,structure or any Hardware improvement ?
Please if you have query then Please do let me know. Any immediate help would be appreciated.
Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
Posted: 23 Jul 2012 at 5:12am
Are you using "Page N of M" in your report? That will frequently slow things down. Other than that, exporting 4000 pages to a PDF will just take some time and there's not much you can do about it.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum