Joined: 21 Oct 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 41
Topic: Updating Data Source to Command Posted: 09 Jul 2012 at 6:31am
Crystal Reports 11.5 SP2
I have a set of reports that call on multiple tables. There are multiple formulas in these reports as well.
I need to change my reports to use a SQL command instead of calling on the individual tables.
Typically if I use "Set Data Source Location", I can change Data Sources and the fields and formulas automatically update. But this is when I'm just changing the Database (or DB location). In these cases, the table and field names are still the same.
What I'm trying to do it change the actual query. Which means that the table names change.. ex from "Computer" to "Command". The end result is that I loose all of my field mappings.
Is there a way to get CR to take my new Source query (SQL command) and update all of the fields and formulas to use the new fields?
Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
Posted: 10 Jul 2012 at 7:11am
I would create the command and temporarily leave your tables in the report. You'll then have to manually change all of the formulas and the objects on your report to look to the command. Once that is done, you'll delete the tables, leaving just the command.
I know it's a lot of work, but there's no tool like "Set Data Source Location" that will do this for you.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum