I am a little confused, I have my application all setup, Forms, display data as desired, all using SQL Express and an mdf file.
Now I am moving on to reports, I created my first report with the wizard. When I clicked on the "Main Report Preview" the first time, I got the error
The database table "Properties" cannot be found. Proceed to remove this table from the report? "Yes or No". If I click no to each table the Preview works fine. I can also run my application and select the report from the menu and it displays properly.
Its a little confusing, its using the same database, connection and tables as the rest of my App.
What is the likely culprit so I can avoid it?
MW2011
Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
Posted: 03 Jul 2012 at 3:51am
I assume you're using Visual Studio, correct? If so, which version? If not, what language are you developing in?
You say this happens the first time you select "Main Report Preview", what happens with subsequent previews?
Is your report connecting to in-memory data sets or are you connecting directly to the database? If you're using a connection that has been defined in your project, is it connected to the database when you do the preview?
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum