Home
Crystal Reports Training
Crystal Reports XI
Crystal Reports .NET
Crystal Reports Forum
News
Tech Support
Active Topics
Memberlist
Search
Help
Register
Login
Report Design
Crystal Reports Forum
:
Crystal Reports 9 through 2022
:
Report Design
Topic: How to suppress data?
Author
Message
mutlyp
Newbie
Joined: 30 May 2012
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 8
Topic: How to suppress data?
Posted: 28 Jun 2012 at 7:42pm
I have a subreport that has 3 fields:
Category
SubCategory
Specific
I would like the data for these fields to look like this on the report:
Category - Subcategory - Specific
The problem is that sometimes there is no Specific so then I would like it to look like this:
Category - Subcategory
How can I do this?
Thanks for the help
IP Logged
lolly54
Groupie
Joined: 25 Sep 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 58
Posted: 28 Jun 2012 at 8:27pm
if you click on the field and "Format Field"
Go to the Suppress formula section and try
isnull
(
Specific
)
This should suppress the field if it does not return anything.
IP Logged
mutlyp
Newbie
Joined: 30 May 2012
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 8
Posted: 28 Jun 2012 at 9:53pm
thank you for the response. What about the "-" infront of Specific? How do I supress that?
Thank you again
IP Logged
mutlyp
Newbie
Joined: 30 May 2012
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 8
Posted: 29 Jun 2012 at 10:10am
Figured it out. I just did the codeing to format the strings the way I wanted in the view and did a case statement to get the format I wanted.
thanks for the help
IP Logged
Printable version
Forum Jump
-- Select Forum --
Announcements
Talk with the Author
Self-Publishing
Job Postings
New feature request
Report Design
Data Connectivity
Technical Questions
Tips and Tricks
Crystal Xcelsius
Report Design
Data Connectivity
Writing Code
Tips and Tricks
Report Design
Data Connectivity
Writing Code
Tips and Tricks
You
cannot
post new topics in this forum
You
cannot
reply to topics in this forum
You
cannot
delete your posts in this forum
You
cannot
edit your posts in this forum
You
cannot
create polls in this forum
You
cannot
vote in polls in this forum
HOME
|
FREE EBOOK
|
PROGRAMMING GUIDE
|
PURCHASE
|
REVIEWS
|
CONTACT ME
|
FAQ
|
LINKS
|
PRIVACY
|
CLICK PLAYS
|
BAEZL
© 2004-2026 Brian Bischof. All Rights Reserved.