Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Record Selection problem Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
peabody87
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 21 May 2012
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 7
Quote peabody87 Replybullet Topic: Record Selection problem
     Posted: 27 Jun 2012 at 11:07am
I am trying to create a report that sums the total sales of an item from say 10 locations. This sum creates a suggested stocking level for store 11 which was excluded from the previous query. I have this, but I would then like to display the current stocking level from store 11 so I can see current and projected stocking level. I am new to Crystal so I am not sure how to pull this. Thanks for your help in advance.
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 27 Jun 2012 at 11:23am
use subreports which I dont like to use
or
use running totals for your values.
You can include all data int eh select expert but only sum certain data using running totals.
IP IP Logged
peabody87
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 21 May 2012
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 7
Quote peabody87 Replybullet Posted: 27 Jun 2012 at 11:26am

I need to display like this:

part #   min       max             current min            current max
 
The first min and max is the sum off all the other stores sales. The "current min and max would be where a store that was not in the selection query is currently stocked at.
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 27 Jun 2012 at 11:31am
you can use footers to show values from running totals
group on part#
use a running total with an evaluate formula...
example RT#1
name=MIN
field to summarize=amountfield
type=sum
evaluate=use a formula
table.store<>'store 11'
reset=group 1 (if you want to show values per part # group)
 
example RT#2
name=current_min
field to summarize=amountfield
type=sum
evaluate=use a formula
table.store='store 11'
reset=group1 (if you want to show values per part # group)
 
put teh results in the group footer
does that help?


Edited by DBlank - 27 Jun 2012 at 11:36am
IP IP Logged
peabody87
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 21 May 2012
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 7
Quote peabody87 Replybullet Posted: 27 Jun 2012 at 11:33am

That sounds good. I will try later when I have time again. Thank you very much for your help.

IP IP Logged
peabody87
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 21 May 2012
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 7
Quote peabody87 Replybullet Posted: 27 Jun 2012 at 3:18pm
I just tried the Runnung totals and I tried summing different fields just in case, but I get a large figure. What I really need is the part number as an example is "STS 7". Each of the stores that sold it are summed by sales so that let us say the stores sold a total of 50 Units. I want to display to the right of these sums what the current Min Max of the supplying warehouse is. In this case the current Min Max on this part number is 8.
I could see how the running total could summerize the current min if I told it to reset after each part number, then it would only sum the current min. The formula you suggested should limit it to only summing if it was store ID of "X". So far it does not seem to come out this way. I did also do like you suggested with setting the reset to never and I got the same result. I will continue working some more with it. Thanks again.
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 28 Jun 2012 at 3:32am
I had originally posted to make the reset value=never but it should be reset at the group level because you are grouping on the iterm and want the values to restart for each item.
if you can post some sample row level data and then how you want that summarized I may be able to assist more with the specifics of the RTs.
IP IP Logged
peabody87
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 21 May 2012
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 7
Quote peabody87 Replybullet Posted: 28 Jun 2012 at 11:09am

Here is the best example:

Line        Part #                    Qty Sold               Store

DFP        STS7                       2                              086

DFP        STS7                       1                              129

DFP        STS7                       4                              386

DFP        STS7                       3                              387

New Stock level                10                                          

 Current Warehouse stock level – “XXX”

 

Total  sales during this period were 10, thus the sum would be 10 sold during this period. My warehouse suggested stock would become 10. I would like to display in a new column what the ware house current stock level is.

I am guessing I need to learn how to write the select commands instead of using the select expert.         Thanks again for all of your help.

IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum