| Author |
Message |
KimC
Newbie
Joined: 07 Dec 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 6
|

Topic: Suppressing Photos of Staff Posted: 21 Jun 2012 at 11:16am |
|
I am creating a roster of our staff. Not all have taken their photograph, so does anyone know how to suppress their photo beside their name when it is not available?
|
IP Logged |
|
|
|
hilfy
Admin Group
Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
|

Posted: 22 Jun 2012 at 3:52am |
You could try this: 1. Right-click on the picture and select Format... 2. On the Common tab, click on the formula button to the right of Suppress (do NOT check the suppress checkbox!) 3. Enter something like the following: IsNull({yourtable.PictureField}) -Dell
|
|
|
IP Logged |
|
KimC
Newbie
Joined: 07 Dec 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 6
|

Posted: 25 Jun 2012 at 8:23am |
Hi and thank you for responding. I did try the suppression; however, I think the graphic location holds the key, syntax listed below:
I have created a dummy placeholder ("00001-00000" + ".jpg"). I tried writing the formula to retrieve the dummy placeholder if the staff member has not taken a photo and there is no ix_Staff_Number; however, I keep getting the message, "A field is required":
Any ideas?
|
IP Logged |
|
hilfy
Admin Group
Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
|

Posted: 25 Jun 2012 at 9:21am |
|
|
|
|
IP Logged |
|
KimC
Newbie
Joined: 07 Dec 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 6
|

Posted: 25 Jun 2012 at 10:10am |
|
The problem is still there; however, now I think it is with the vendor's software. If I filter to a smaller group of records, the report works fine inside the software without adding an "if" statement. If I try to print for the entire group of 800, I either get a server error or gray screen. The report has always worked fine outside of the vendor's software, so it has to be due to software limitations. Thanks for your help!
|
IP Logged |
|
KimC
Newbie
Joined: 07 Dec 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 6
|

Posted: 25 Jun 2012 at 10:10am |
...and I meant that I appreciated your help!
|
IP Logged |
|
KimC
Newbie
Joined: 07 Dec 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 6
|

Posted: 05 Jul 2012 at 5:33am |
|
This may now be an import issue. In researching the Crystal Reports report, talking to the vendor, and verifying that the photo 'appears' to be okay when you open it, it and another .jpg photo are very small -- only 17kb. It was imported in this size, and even though I can make it larger on the report, I'm now wondering if there is a size issue with imported photos. The vendor uses Adobe Reader X and that is what I'm using, and they experience the same issue. We could try a lower version of Adobe Reader, but that goes against our department's policy. I'm back to square one, but at least can run the reports outside of the vendor's software when needed. It's not like it is a lot of pictures causing this issue, just a hit-n-miss situation. If you hear of anything related to Adobe Reader X, please let me know. There may be a setting that needs modified...
|
IP Logged |
|
|
|