Joined: 18 Jun 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Topic: Forumla help to split data Posted: 18 Jun 2012 at 1:46pm
Hi
I am trying to figure out how to get a block of data split by a space. The data in the report looks like below and we want to change it so there is a space between countyr code and the numbers ie US5922337A would be US 5922337A.
I used this formula Left ({@Add CR},2 ) + " " + Right({@Add CR},length({@Add CR})-2) but the problem I have is that the data is in one big block so therefore that formula only works on the first line and ignores the rest.
Joined: 18 Jun 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Posted: 19 Jun 2012 at 11:59am
Thanks for your reply. I'm not that good at formulas but I tried some things around splitting into an array but then I can't figure out how to make the array then split based on the first 2 characters after the line break.
Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Posted: 20 Jun 2012 at 7:11am
since the first 2 values are not unique, for the entire array--unlike the delimiter, the better functions to use are left and (mid or right) like you were doing to update each array. Once all the members are updated, then you can probably JOIN them back together and the report will continue as doing before.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum