Joined: 29 May 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Topic: Logo only loading when report has details Posted: 14 Jun 2012 at 10:08am
I'm trying to load the company's logo in Crystal Reports. In order to do so, I've created another DataTable in my DataSet (apart from the one that contains all details, which I called ReportData) called ReportSetup, which only has one column called LogoData, of System.Byte[] type. I then dragged and dropped the LogoData field into my report and expected it to show my image once I ran a report.
However, although the logo is actually appearing in the report, it only does when the other datatable (ReportDate) has entries. If I don't have any details in my report, the logo doesn't show. When I debug, I can see that the code loading my datatable is being executed, so the right data is being put into the ReportSetup datatable, it's just not being shown. Any idea why?
Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
Posted: 15 Jun 2012 at 4:43am
Are you linking between the two tables? If so, that's probably where your issue is. I would link FROM LogoData TO ReportData with a left outer join. This will give you the data from LogoData even when there is no data in the other table. If you're not linking the tables, that will work also but you will have to change your selection criteria so that the logo shows even when the other data is null.-Dell
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum