Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Main report link to subreport Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
sandesh
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 05 Jun 2012
Location: India
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Quote sandesh Replybullet Topic: Main report link to subreport
     Posted: 10 Jun 2012 at 8:38pm

I am having developer license of Crystal Report 2008. I am able to generate report using Java JDK 1.5 , JSP,Oracle10g , deployed on WebSphere Application Server 6.1.0.29. I am not able to generate Sub reports. Can you please help us with sample code to how to call and configure subreport and please send configuration CRConfig.xml.

 

The below Error is Occurred on generating report.

On condition when we link the main report to subreport through parameter.

 

com.crystaldecisions.sdk.occa.report.lib.ReportSDKException: java.lang.NullPointerException---- Error code:-2147467259 Error code name:failed

                at com.businessobjects.reports.sdk.JRCCommunicationAdapter.if(SourceFile:741)

                at com.businessobjects.reports.sdk.JRCCommunicationAdapter.a(SourceFile:167)

                at com.businessobjects.reports.sdk.JRCCommunicationAdapter$2.a(SourceFile:529)

                at com.businessobjects.reports.sdk.JRCCommunicationAdapter$2.call(SourceFile:527)

                at com.crystaldecisions.reports.common.ThreadGuard.syncExecute(SourceFile:102)

                at com.businessobjects.reports.sdk.JRCCommunicationAdapter.for(SourceFile:525)

                at com.businessobjects.reports.sdk.JRCCommunicationAdapter.int(SourceFile:424)

                at com.businessobjects.reports.sdk.JRCCommunicationAdapter.request(SourceFile:352)

                at com.businessobjects.sdk.erom.jrc.a.a(SourceFile:54)

IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 11 Jun 2012 at 5:01am
I don't have Java code for this (and I'm not sure where my C# code is...) but the logic works like this:
 
1.  Walk through each section of the report.
2.  Walk through each object in the section.
3.  If the object is a subreport, treat it as a report and set the database logins just like you do for the main report.
 
-Dell
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum