I have a listbox, a crystal report and crystal report viewer in my vb.net winform application project
My crystal report has ID, Status, and Address fields (details and page header)
The crystal report is grouped by a field called Project Name, and for example, it would look something like:
Report Title
ID Status Address
101- Project A (Group Header)
365357 Done City Street 1
537385 In Progress City Street 3
102- Project B (Group Header)
356553 Done City Street 33
753567 In Progress City Street 55
102- Project C (Group Header)
653766 Done City Street 54
467464 In Progress City Street 67
So the project is grouped by the ProjectName field as shown above.
The case is, I can add or remove ProjectName as items in my listbox as a user
So, for example, at some moment, my listbox can have the items:
101- Project A
102- Project B
102- Project C
and if I remove the first and last item using a button, my listbox would have:
102- Project B
The question is, how do I use group selection in vb.net crystal report to filter and show ONLY the groups and their fields which are also there in the listbox?
So, the user can add or remove items from the listbox at runtime, and vb.net would dynamically add or remove those particular 'projectName' groups from the report
How to do this? Using group selection? Using subreports? Some formula or parameter field? crystal syntax? Please advise
Thanks
Edited by ridhwaans - 05 Jun 2012 at 6:41am