Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Running totals between specified dates. Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
User215806
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 27 May 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote User215806 Replybullet Topic: Running totals between specified dates.
     Posted: 27 May 2012 at 3:54am

I am designing  a report in which a Running Balance column adds itself to Debit and subtracts the answer from Credit column on every row. Here in this example I have started calculating from 1st of January. In this case, my Running Balance column will have zero.

 

Now my client wants to have a look at records from 17 January to the end. In that case, my cumulative balance will NOT be zero at first but instead it will calculate cumulative balance for all the dates before 17 January, and present it as the starting balance for 17th of January. I am stuck at this point. How to add all the record before 17th of January and show their Total in a single row. I will be grateful for any help.
IP IP Logged
CircleD
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 11 Mar 2011
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 251
Quote CircleD Replybullet Posted: 27 May 2012 at 6:54pm
Sub Report to make the calculations before January 17 then use the result as starting point for the main report.
IP IP Logged
User215806
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 27 May 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote User215806 Replybullet Posted: 27 May 2012 at 7:52pm
I am trying to do that. But the problem is that in my sub-report, there are four calculations of Running balance amongst which I need the last one but it selects only the first one. I have tried to experiment with OnLastRecord but nothing has come out of it.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum