Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: GH (and Subsequent GH/Details) Suppression Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
ronc96@hotmail.
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 29 Mar 2012
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 8
Quote ronc96@hotmail. Replybullet Topic: GH (and Subsequent GH/Details) Suppression
     Posted: 25 May 2012 at 1:48am

Guys,

 
To give you a brief background of the report:

 

I want to pull a report for Patients whose Last Weight Value was 200 or Greater (this report will pull more information, but only information pertaining to patients that meet the Weight Criteria…this is why I didn’t use the Record Selection):

 

GH1: Person.Pid (Unique ID of Patients)

GH2: Obshead.Hdid (Unique ID of the Observation Term, which is what WEIGHT is)

Details (although suppressed, since I only need the last and I have that in the GH2): each individual WEIGHT, sorted Descending

 

I have sorted Descending (Last Weight), and used the following Formulas to help me distinguish Patients whose Last Weight Value was 200 or Greater:

 

 

Weight Count does a count:

 

WhilePrintingRecords;

 

if {OBSHEAD.NAME} = "WEIGHT"

 

Then NumberVar Numerator :=Numerator+1

 

Else NumberVar Numerator :=Numerator+0

 

 

Reset Weight Count obviously resets the Variable:

 

WhilePrintingRecords;

 

NumberVar Numerator := 0;

 

 

Decision is what decides if both (is it the first Weight (Descending) and is it Greater than or equal to 200):

 

If {@Weight Count} = 1 and (Isnumeric({OBS.OBSVALUE}) And ToNumber({OBS.OBSVALUE}) >= 200)

Then 1

Else 0

 

 

 

***My original plan was to Suppress the GH1/Patient (and hopefully, it’s accompanying GH2 and Details lines) for Patients that do not meet the Criteria (Decision is not equal to 1).

 

I tried the WhileReadingRecords option; however, what I found was that my Weight Count would not increase by 1, the way it does when I use WhilePrintingRecords (it will make more sense when you see it).  **That could be something that I did wrong.

 

Someone informed me that, if you do a Sum of say the Details, and place the Sum in the GF1, you could copy/move that Summary into the GH1, and it should have the same value (i.e. A count of your Details lines resulted in a 5 in the GF1`, you could copy that field, place it in the GH1, and you would still see a value of 5). If possible, I would like to try and do that…

 

Lastly, what I am really running into is that I can’t Summarize the Decision field…if I could, then maybe I could put a Suppression formula (for GH1, not sure if I would need it in GH2 and Details, also?) using the Section Expert, stating to Suppress if Decision <> 1…

 

 

**I’m sure you have done something similar, and I’m sure you can probably already tell me what I’m doing wrong…

 

Please offer any advice you can, and please tell me that my ideas were, at least, somewhat on the right track…J

 

 

 

 

For comparison’s sake (for Summarizing and Suppressing), I had another report (in which it worked successfully), that I tried to use as a guide; however, I was unable to get the Decision field to Summarize…

 

In the other report (patients who do NOT have certain codes (below) in their charts), I used the following formulas/suppression criteria:

 

 

Code Comparison (in Details section):

 

if {ORDERS.CODE} in ["G0402", "G0438", "G0439"]

then 1

else 0

 

A Summary of the Code Comparison in GF2…

 

Suppression Formula (GH2) of:

 

Sum ({@Code Comparison}, {@Patient Full Name}) > 0

 

 

In this Report Example, it seems that we are able to Suppress GH2 from a Count that was done in the Details line, although I’m not quite sure what the Summary of the Code Comparison has to do with anything, since it looks like we create another Sum in the Suppression Formula (or, am I wrong in that assumption, and we are truly using the Summary in the Suppression Formula)?

 

Also, I was curious as to why it works with the comma, then GH2 name, but doesn’t when you just put SUM({@Code Comparison}).

  

 

Again, I am truly sorry to hit you up with all of these questions.

 
Thanks a million!!
 
Ron


Edited by ronc96@hotmail. - 25 May 2012 at 1:48am
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 25 May 2012 at 4:07am
1) I would have coded the incrementor as:
shared numbervar numerator;
if x then numerator := numerator + 1;
 
which might be part of that issue
 
2) if you have a 'complex' decision, then you cannot aggregate the formula.
something like: if {table.field} = 'red' then 1 else 0   you can aggregate.
 
3) the suppression formula...is computing the sum again, but just the sum for that group...while I have never tried it, maybe CR doesn't like the idea of using a report wide calculation to suppress a group...in retrospect it does seem silly but I don't know to what limits CR limits the scoping for suppression, as I have never tried what you propose.
 
 
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum