Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Crystal VIewer XI Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Joel Krywolt
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 08 Nov 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 12
Quote Joel Krywolt Replybullet Topic: Crystal VIewer XI
     Posted: 09 Nov 2007 at 12:23pm

Is it possible to have a report auto-refresh when opened by someone with just the CRVIEWER XI application?

thanks in advance
IP IP Logged
jkwrpc
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 19 Jun 2007
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 432
Quote jkwrpc Replybullet Posted: 09 Nov 2007 at 2:12pm
I am guessing when you say Auto Refresh you are talking about refreshing the data.
 
My understanding is the viewer only works with reports that have stored data.  It does not support any active data connections which would be necessary for an Auto Refresh.
 
I had high hopes for the viewer for my customers until I learned it would not support refreshing the data. So I built my  own report viewer.
 
Regards,
 
John W.
 
IP IP Logged
Razor
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 16 Apr 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Quote Razor Replybullet Posted: 16 Apr 2008 at 7:27am
Joel,

I never could get CR Viewer to do auto refresh, you have to save the report with data. Trouble is a few days later when the user views the report he gets old data.

I do have a solution to offer you though. It's called Logicity and you can find it at http://www.logicitysuite.com/. They have a free version that did exactly what I wanted it to do but they have a Pro version also. It has auto refresh, print & converts to pdf. You can also create a desktop icon for your users to allow them to go straight to the report view.

Anyway I hope this helps Big%20smile

IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum