Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Problem with data sources Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
dbodell
Groupie
Groupie
Avatar

Joined: 08 Nov 2011
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 53
Quote dbodell Replybullet Topic: Problem with data sources
     Posted: 23 May 2012 at 12:08pm
I have a number of reports in which I used to use BOE Repository Lists of Values to populate parameters. Because the users want to be able to run the reports themselves and they don't have access to BOE to log on, I have had to change the parameters to use either commands or views of the parameter dimension table (e.g. if the report is for a list of patient visits to a doctor and I want to provide a list of doctors, I have created a view of the doctors names and IDs and have joined that to the visits table).
The problem I am running into is that it seems that because it is still a dynamic parameter, Crystal is prompting for a data source log on just to display the parameter screen. The prompt for the dns log on is grayed out and cannot be edited.
I don't want to have to recreate the entire parameter to make this work, so if there is a way to refresh things so this doesn't happen that would be so nice!
Thanks,
D. Bodell
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum