Joined: 23 May 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Topic: Including XML in a report Posted: 23 May 2012 at 1:11am
Hi guys - I'm just wondering if this is possible...
I'm putting a report together which will query a SQL database - some of the data that I will need to get at is included in a XML script within a single field. Is it possible to take this data out of the field within a report (I would be querying the field on specific attributes names....).
Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Posted: 23 May 2012 at 6:40am
since the xml is simple a string, if you know the tag you are looking for, you should be able to find it and it's ending tag and then just use somehting like MID() to get the part that you want. Anything more complex is probably beyond CR (though I haven't tried)
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum