Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: page footer issue Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
nix1016
Groupie
Groupie


Joined: 07 Jun 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 40
Quote nix1016 Replybullet Topic: page footer issue
     Posted: 22 May 2012 at 4:44am
Hi,

Can someone please help me. I'm working on an invoice which caters for 2 different types of footers depending on different situations.

I have created 2 page footers (D & E) of which one or the other will get suppressed depending on the situation.

The problem is that one footer is alot larger than the other and they both need to appear down the bottom (without leaving any spaces above the footers themselves as well), so unless if I turn on 'Reserve minimum page footer' option, and create an additional page footer F to be big enough to cater for the smaller footer, it will leave a blank space underneath the smaller footer.

However, if I turn on this option, the bigger footer will get cut off unless if I make footer F big enough to cater for it, in which case the previous issue returns where there is an empty white space underneath the smaller footer.

I can't work out a resolution which will cater for both of them. I have tried creating another page footer G which is big enough to cater for the bigger footer and leave page footer F to cater for the smaller footer, but it doesn't seem to work - i.e. it will always use the largest footer as the minimum space.

Hopefully this makes sense and someone has an idea on how to fix this.

Thanks!


Edited by nix1016 - 22 May 2012 at 4:46am
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 23 May 2012 at 5:58am
i don't know if this will work for you, but can you combine the 2 footers into just 1 and supress the individual elements?
 
It would be a bigger pain to maintain, but since both are in the same footer you wouldn't have any issues about the size...though you might have wasted space.
 
It's an idea...
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum