Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: College Transcripts and Back Page Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
hoopthang35
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 21 May 2012
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Quote hoopthang35 Replybullet Topic: College Transcripts and Back Page
     Posted: 21 May 2012 at 8:37am
I am creating our college transcripts and I need to find a way to add a back page that is the same on every transcript back. All I want is this image. When I have attempted to do this, my whole document is moved around and only one of the students' classes are printing on the opposite side of the back page.

Also I do not want the back page to be included in the page numbers.

I have read several forums and I am unable to figure this.

Anyone understand?

Any help is appreciated!
Thank you!
College Reporter
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 23 May 2012 at 6:34am
this has become a common question.
 
There isn't really a good way to do this.
 
I have thought to make the paper a custom length (2x long) but I don't think that this will work, as CR will probably only send 1 page to the printer. The other thought would be to code the report to skip pages, but I am not sure how to go about this.
 
my current idea (haven't actually done this) would be to keep track of whether something is a front or a back, and conditionally suppress this, probably with page break after the band.  You would need to keep track of the page number as well...but you already want to do that (it would have to be variable as CR will count the back as a page as well)
 
HTH
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 23 May 2012 at 9:20am

have not tested all aspects of this idea but...

you can create 2 page headers
1 for your even pages and 1 for your odd pages
make the oddd page header size the size of the paper you are using minus the page footer size
conditionally suppress each in the section expert
//even
pagenumber mod 2 = 1
//odd
pagenumber mod 2 = 0
 
place the image you want for the back of the pages on the 'odd' page header section


Edited by DBlank - 23 May 2012 at 9:21am
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum