Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: SQL Parameter Not Prompting at Runtime Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
cant2ny
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 11 Oct 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9
Quote cant2ny Replybullet Topic: SQL Parameter Not Prompting at Runtime
     Posted: 07 May 2012 at 9:46am
I have a report set up to use a SQL command for the data selection. I've added my needed parameters into the parameter list through the Command menu and then added those parameters to the report. After modifying the report, I'm prompted for the parameter like normal, however when I go to preview the report or use it at run time, the program is not prompting for new parameters.

How do I have the program prompt the user for new parameters at run time i.e. different date ranges then testing ranges?
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 07 May 2012 at 9:51am
make sure you are not saving the data with the report.
IP IP Logged
varunseo143
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 07 May 2012
Location: India
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote varunseo143 Replybullet Posted: 07 May 2012 at 7:35pm
have created several Crystal Reports using Crystal reports Designer 2008. I am using Report Parameters in the selection criteria to limited the number of records returned to the report. One such report uses a SQL Command (i.e. the new thing in 2008 that's analogous to a virtual table / database view) and a single parameter imbedded in the SQL command. This parameter is date data type and it promots the user to enter a date at report runtime, which is passed down to the DBMS to limit records retruned by the SQL query to records where the date in my field (my field ACN_COMPLETED_DATE) is >= date entered by the user.


Edited by BrianBischof - 08 May 2012 at 8:49am
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum