Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Create new table - add records Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
gilinnc
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 18 Oct 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 11
Quote gilinnc Replybullet Topic: Create new table - add records
     Posted: 25 Apr 2012 at 6:27am
Got my cross tab working and loving CR8..so far.
 
Now, I don't where to look up in the books or internet (unique termonology)  But I got a big question and I hope you would share the answer with me.
 
I have CR8 with few tables linked together and produce the reports that I want.
 
However, is it possible to export the reporting data (just details) to a file and ANOTHER CR8 report can add onto that same exported file (append it)?
 
I would like to know this because the DATABASE in our system is vast and for report purposes only, I would like to combine few CR reports data details into a file so I can have just 1 file to draw CR from and not 5 or 7 different CR with different report to produce different documents and figures.  Because each report is unique except customer name...
 
I thought I throw this out in the world and see if it is possible and how...
 
Thank you all in advance...
 
Gil
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 26 Apr 2012 at 10:49am
I don't believe so.
 
I believe that CR creates a new file for each export...not an append to the file.
IP IP Logged
gilinnc
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 18 Oct 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 11
Quote gilinnc Replybullet Posted: 27 Apr 2012 at 9:10am
So, is there a module or add on apps for CR to allow append to the file?  Or we are talking about utilizing a full SQL apps?
 
Please pardon my inadequate knowledge of this material.  I formerly use iSeries/400 type system and the Query/400 is similar to CR in few ways.  But, I thought if Query/400 can do it...why not CR...
 
Again, thank you for your time and have a great weekend...if you have one!...
 
 
 
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 27 Apr 2012 at 9:36am
I would assume that you would need an app of some kind...or a script that would concatenate the reports together into 1 output file.
 
I'll be honest, I've never done this, but I would think that there an application out there that can append PDF files together into a final output file.
 
I imagine that you could export to Excel and then concatenate them together...I think that Excel has a details only option
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum