Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Merge/Link 12 reports into one Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Vexander
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 24 Apr 2012
Location: South Africa
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote Vexander Replybullet Topic: Merge/Link 12 reports into one
     Posted: 24 Apr 2012 at 10:27pm
Hello all,

   I have 12 reports each report uses the same parameters, i.e customer number, start date and end date. Each report displays different aspects of a customers printer useage, e.g. total pages printed by month, or total cost of printing per month.

   Each of the reports has a 2 graphs on it set to fill up the page with each report supposed to be a page in the document.

   Right now we are exporting each report to a PDF, printing them them binding them. I want to use these reports to make up one document we hand to our customers on a monthly basis.

   Is there anyway that I can link these 12 reports, or merge them so that the end user only has to enter the parameters once or and press the print button once so that all the reports are either printed or extracted to a singel PDF.

Thank you in advance.
IP IP Logged
yggdrasil
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 19 Jun 2007
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 150
Quote yggdrasil Replybullet Posted: 25 Apr 2012 at 2:47am
I'd make each report into a subreport, and put them in sections in an overall main report. This would call the parameters once and these could be passed to each of the subreports. Running the main report would put all the output out together
 It might take a long time to run though Smile
IP IP Logged
Vexander
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 24 Apr 2012
Location: South Africa
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote Vexander Replybullet Posted: 25 Apr 2012 at 3:20am
Thnx you for the reply, I tried that and it is a workable solution, but I was kind of hoping for a "cleaner" solution, I was hoping that SAP saw the need for something like this and implemented it.

Anything else?
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum