Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Connecting to multiple databases in Command Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Ronni_Mazza
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 17 Apr 2012
Location: Australia
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote Ronni_Mazza Replybullet Topic: Connecting to multiple databases in Command
     Posted: 23 Apr 2012 at 5:28pm
Hey all,
 
Would anyone know how to connect to multiple databases through the Command module?
 
I am using Oracle 10g and CR XI.
 
within the code i reference a column in another database. In oracle it compiles fine and i get the reselt that I require. However when i paste the code in CR, it fails to connect to the database to catch the column.
 
user.TABLE2@DATABASE_ALPHA is declared at the start followed by the following:
 
TABLE2.EVENT_DETAILS = 'Event 1';
 
Its so hard to find this answer on the web :S
 
Any help would be great!
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 24 Apr 2012 at 10:34am
I wouldn't think that you can do that, but just because the ODBC driver links to one database, but I don't connect that way anymore...
 
I don't know of all the ways to connect to a database, but I think that CR only connects to 1 database, and foreign databases are unknown...but this is definitely not my forte (especially since I push data to the report instead of pulling it from the database).
 
IP IP Logged
yggdrasil
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 19 Jun 2007
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 150
Quote yggdrasil Replybullet Posted: 25 Apr 2012 at 3:22am
I've done this by using two different commands, one from each of the databases, and then linking them as if they were two tables.
Each command uses the connection string set up for that database.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum