Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Monthly to Quarterly totals Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
gilinnc
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 18 Oct 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 11
Quote gilinnc Replybullet Topic: Monthly to Quarterly totals
     Posted: 23 Apr 2012 at 10:28am
I need your help since I am a newbie here.  I am looking in manuals and there are not clear steps to achieve what I am looking for below.
 
I have a database listed each customers and I would like to get a monthly totals for each customer and list quarterly totals as well.  In addition to the totals, each records (books) are either electronic or hard back by the first character of the book ID number.
I have CR8 report showing totals for each month with customer listed, but I would like to display it like below.
 
Thank you all in advance on this.

Customer

January

February

March

1st Qtr.Total

Electronic

Hard Copy

Customer1

 

 

 

0

0

 

Customer2

 

 

 

0

0

 

Customer3

 

3

 

3

3

 

Customer4

8

13

4

25

20

5

Customer5

5

 

4

9

8

1

Customer6

 

1

2

3

2

1

 

1 - Database file with following fields:

            Customer Name

            Date of Book

            Book Number

 

Date Range: Monthly sub-totals and Quarterly totals

 

Book Number (if first letter is not C, it is Electronic book, else it is Hard Copy)

IP IP Logged
amanda5615
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 20 Apr 2012
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 17
Quote amanda5615 Replybullet Posted: 25 Apr 2012 at 4:26am
The easiest way to do this would be to use two cross tabs, one with your dates and totals, and one with your hard copy and electronic. You can supress the customer name from the second table if needed.
Otherwise you can create a running total for each month, quarter and book type and place in the report.
IP IP Logged
gilinnc
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 18 Oct 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 11
Quote gilinnc Replybullet Posted: 25 Apr 2012 at 6:21am
thank you..got it..just what I need. 
 
I am posting another topic..."create new table - add records".
 
Gil
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum