Topic: Pulling data even when nothing is populated? Posted: 20 Apr 2012 at 8:35am
Hello everyone,
I have a report that pulls data when there is a date within the parameter fields. I need it pull the data if there is nothing in the parameter fields, and populate the data with 0's. So, if the act_close_dt is between 4/20/12 and 4/21/12, then pull the data, but if there's nothing then put 0 in the fields. Any ideas?
date({S_SRV_REQ.ACT_CLOSE_DT}) in date({?@start_dt}) to date({?@end_dt}) and {S_SRV_REQ.SR_STAT_ID} <> 'Cancelled' and (isnull({S_SRV_REQ.SR_PROD_VERSION}) = true or {S_SRV_REQ.SR_PROD_VERSION} <> 'Email') and {S_SRV_REQ.RESOLUTION_CD} <> "copay penalty"
Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Posted: 23 Apr 2012 at 4:17am
Well....
SQL returns an empty set...there no are rows, so there is nothing there, so CR won't print anything.
What you could do is create the values in 'new' detail section that you dynamically hide if there are any rows...or conversely show if there are no rows of data.
I don't know of a function to check for no data off the top of my head, I can see working around it with formulas, but I would check for a way to determine if there rows first.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum