All this info is in the same table and I would like to create hiearchy Program with activity as a subset. Activity and Program are records within the same field and table. I want to breakout.
CTAttrib CTAttribValue Description
Program 01 Accounting
Services
Activity 01011 Financial
Reporting
Activity 01012 Budget
Activity 01013 General
Ledger
Program 02 Human
Resources
Activity 02010 Hiring
Activity 02011 Benefits
Activity 02012 Employee
Assistance
I would like to group as outlined above. The report would be
selected by the first two digits (ie. Program) and would pull in and report just
like outlined above - Program/Activity with program in the header and the sorted
Activity the next header or detail.
I thought that I could do a formula
for Program and Activity and that is easy to do and then I grouped with
each. The problem is getting the two to relate and making one the subset of the
other. Or getting the Program in the header but leave the activity as a subset
of the related two digit program.
I grappled with selfjoining the table
but I shouldn't need to? I do not have a max effect date to contend with.
I'm using Crystal 8.5