Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Resolved: Specific database link Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Twizik
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 19 Apr 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 21
Quote Twizik Replybullet Topic: Resolved: Specific database link
     Posted: 19 Apr 2012 at 8:11am
Uber noob reporting in. [IMG]smileys/smiley32.gif" align="middle" />
I am editing an invoice report tied to an ODBC database coming from Timberline SM. I am using Crystal 11.

This is the layout, I am trying to add the specific work date from a database corresponding with the work description (WOITEM.WRKDATE)
[IMG]http://i40.tinypic.com/r92vqw.png" />

Here is what I get is I do a normal data field for the work date:
[IMG]http://i40.tinypic.com/2jfhifl.png" />

Here is what it should look like: (edited in Word)
[IMG]http://i42.tinypic.com/kcgpqr.png" />


The description works and pulls that specific description but it to is from a different database than the group header which is(INVITEMS.DESCRIPTION) and the group is labeled (INVOICE.INVOICENBR) Any ideas would be great!

Thank you,

Edited by Twizik - 24 Apr 2012 at 6:40am
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 20 Apr 2012 at 4:50am
typically, the way to solve this problem is to put what you want in either the group header or footer and suppress the rest...that way you get only 1 row.
IP IP Logged
Twizik
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 19 Apr 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 21
Quote Twizik Replybullet Posted: 20 Apr 2012 at 4:58am
I tried to do that, looking through these forums I found answers like that. The repairs or Test name field are all different lines in a database, so theoretically the data field is doing right, it is pulling all the database info for that invoice number and assigning it to the relevant Repairs or Test name field. The date and description are in 2 separate databases links. In the databases I found a trans number which is how SM links everything together so if I could make a formula links the trans number in the work date database and the invoice database I think it should work.
IP IP Logged
Twizik
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 19 Apr 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 21
Quote Twizik Replybullet Posted: 24 Apr 2012 at 6:40am
Fixed: I made a new left outer join link between the two databases.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum