Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Formula String Help Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
crystalsonic
Groupie
Groupie


Joined: 26 Jan 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 46
Quote crystalsonic Replybullet Topic: Formula String Help
     Posted: 04 Apr 2012 at 10:54am
I am trying to use this formula on the Group Header:
 
WhilePrintingRecords;
StringVar chain :='';
NumberVar ChCnt := 1;
 
When I save the changes I get an error saying:
 
The formula result must be a string.
 
I tried changing the second line using single quotes and double quotes after the equal sign. Anything else I can try?
 
THANKS!!!
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 05 Apr 2012 at 5:21am
WhilePrintingRecords;
NumberVar ChCnt := 1;
StringVar chain :='';
 
 
CR displays the last value that is referenced, and if it wants a string...
 
you could also have placed an "" at the end like:
 
WhilePrintingRecords;
NumberVar ChCnt := 1;
StringVar chain :='';
""
 
HTH
IP IP Logged
crystalsonic
Groupie
Groupie


Joined: 26 Jan 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 46
Quote crystalsonic Replybullet Posted: 05 Apr 2012 at 6:35am
Thanks for your help. The problem is that I was placing the formulas incorrectly on the report. Problem Fixed!!! :)
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum