Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Running total used in crosstab Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Grewen
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 26 Mar 2012
Location: Czech Republic
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote Grewen Replybullet Topic: Running total used in crosstab
     Posted: 26 Mar 2012 at 10:17pm
Hello all,
I have a problem with using running total in a crosstab. Below is the crosstab after report has been run:

  11-Jan 11-Feb 11-Mar 11-Apr 11-May 11-Jun 11-Jul
xx 158 254 188 127 128 129 155
  131 224 130 110 103 105 119
  209 223 129 109 102 104 118


Data in first raw is only pure distinct count of a database field.

Data in second raw is distinct count of formula, which applies some restrictions and output is null (or 0, I have tried both variations with the same result) or number in the same shape as database field used in the first raw. Generally, numbers in the second raw have to be less or equal to the numbers in first raw. Problem is, that the distinct count counts even nulls (and of course 0's), so the number is in this case always higher than the real result (exactly by 1, to be specific).

Data in third raw is running total based on the database field used in the first and second raw with the same restrictions as restrictions used in the formula from second raw.

And now THE problem: you can see, that numbers in third raw are lower by 1 compared to second raw (which is good - the crosstab shows exactly the numbers I need) everywhere but the first column. I have no idea why the report is showing such bull$%#@. The monthly diversion used in the crosstab is based on the same date used in selection formula. Whenever I change the data range, the first month is always the only one with wrong number shown.

The report is grouped by the date used in crosstab and selection formula, crosstab itself is placed in report footer.

Does anybody have an idea what should I change/check to get the correct data even in the first column? I feel, that the report somehow counts even some data from the past, but it is impossible (or at least I thonk so) due to the restrictions used in selection fromulas.

Many thanks for any advise.




Edited by Grewen - 26 Mar 2012 at 10:25pm
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum