Joined: 22 Mar 2012
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Topic: Symbols Posted: 22 Mar 2012 at 10:24am
I am new to creating reports and having a slight trouble with a formula. I work logistics and am trying to compress my exceptions into 1 main report with various subreports that summarize my duties. I have a report pulling many different files but I'm planning to supress the details but i cannot figure out how to say "'X' startswith 'Y' and does not start with 'Z'"...
It's the "does not start with" i am having trouble with. Should I use this as a selection for the report?
Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Posted: 22 Mar 2012 at 11:24am
not completely sure I uderstand your logic here. If you use X stars with Y then that already excldues anyhting that starts with Z so that statement is not needed.
However, you can use this for the starts with
table.field startswith "X"
this for does not startwith
NOT(table.field startswith "Z")
and if you need to add the together for some reason
table.field startswith "X" and NOT(table.field startswith "Z")
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum