Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Dynamic drop-down LOV are blank Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
jim_chance@yaho
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 17 Feb 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 5
Quote jim_chance@yaho Replybullet Topic: Dynamic drop-down LOV are blank
     Posted: 18 Mar 2012 at 3:41am
My issue is I have a handful of reports that have been reported that in the new version of there ERP system they do not list any of the drop-down values.

There ERP system runs against a Progress database.

I have replicated this issue to confirm.
The drop down dynamic parms show a list of values on there 9.04 ERP version, but not in the test area of 9.05.

9.04 is on a terminal server and 9.05 is on a new - separate TS.

I have not yet been able to confirm is the terminal server that does not work for the 9.04 area has the proper registry key folders and the MaxRowsetRecords value.

I too experience the same symptom when ran locally but through there VPN.

I am using CR 2008.

I added the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Business Objects\Suite 12.0\Crystal Reports\DatabaseOptions\LOV registry key to my PC and set the MaxRowsetRecords to 2000 and I tried -1 and 0. None had an impact. What I get is just a single text box with no values listed in the parameter.

I'm not quite sure if they are using repository - which might be suspect. I'm not familiar with this area of CR.

When I try to change the parm by deleting the row for the dynamic settings in the grid pane area the red X doesn't appear available. So I tried removing it by adding another by clicking the new button. The existing turned off and the row cleared. Then after new I selected the same fields from the table; yet when I completed answering the 3 columns across the row in the grid pane view it seemed to revert back to the same "previously established group". I can send screen shots to further explain.

Instead of just allowing me to point to a field to list dynamically and show in the parm prompt, it somehow linked to a previously defined "lov/group".

jim_chance@yahoo.com
419-557-2225

Thank you.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum