Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: No More than 5000 Records Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
nmallare1
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 13 Mar 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Quote nmallare1 Replybullet Topic: No More than 5000 Records
     Posted: 13 Mar 2012 at 6:45am

Hello.  None of my reports will return more than 5000 records.  Even when I run a report that should dump the entire db, I still only get 5000.  No matter how I manuplate the criteria, the reports stop at row 5000.  I am running Crystal XI.  Has anyone experienced anything like this?  Thanks. 

IP IP Logged
kevlray
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 29 Oct 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1587
Quote kevlray Replybullet Posted: 21 Mar 2012 at 10:45am
Only if my datasource is a universe and the universe has the default 5000 row limit.
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 22 Mar 2012 at 8:18am
seems odd.
No, never experienced that (not that I count rows)
 
Just for curiousity, what is your datasource?  Maybe there is some issue with that, and it will only allow the 5000 records (seems silly to me if it did)
 
Regardless, it's not CR.
 
I guess to troubleshoot, I would just link to a simple table that is large and see what comes back.  I would also try querying the same value in SQL and see what you get.
 
I would also try tracing the database call to see what is being sent to the DB, and lastly, if an application is calling the database, see if the application has a limit and is truncating your data before passing it along to the report.
 
oh, yeah, since I am not conversant with it, is there any limiter on how you connect to the database...again, I wouldn't think so, but I've been wrong before...a lot...
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum