Joined: 12 Mar 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 5
Topic: Sum summary operation is displaying count Posted: 12 Mar 2012 at 4:22am
I have a crystal report that displays data from a datatable. I need to be able to summarise on of the columns by adding all the values for the particular group. When I add the sum operation it gives me the count instead of the group sum. From what I have read this could be due to crystal reports converting everything to string. How do I fix this?
Joined: 12 Mar 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 5
Posted: 12 Mar 2012 at 4:50am
Wow I am in way over my head with this. I must find a way to get it done however. First do you have any idea why the sum operation is displaying the count instead. And, secondly what approach would you recomend for a novice like myself. Are there any online tutorials that you would recomend.
Joined: 12 Mar 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 5
Posted: 12 Mar 2012 at 5:14am
Ok I was doing everything write in crystal reports. I did not have the datatable column set up to be an int32. After doing this all works as intended. Thank you DBlank for you patience and help.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum