I have a qustion. I have a list of customer names. Now I want to add a collecter, but I want this based on the name of the customer. I want the collecter to be 'Dagmar' if the names starts with the letters A, and R untill Z. If it is anything else, I want it to be 'Inge'. Can anybody help me write this formula?
Joined: 20 Dec 2011
Location: England
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 259
Posted: 12 Mar 2012 at 12:28am
if uppercase(left({table.customername},1)) in ["A","R","S","T","U","V","W","X","Y","Z"]
then "Dagmar"
else "Inge"
That will work provided the first letter in the customername string is the letter you want to take into consideration, ie if you want the first letter of the surname the above formula will only work if your string is as follows;
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum