Topic: Dynamic Image/Section Size Posted: 01 Mar 2012 at 7:15pm
Hi all,
I've got a report that shows images for products in the details section. Not all products have images. I'm pushing the images into a dataset in C#. All the images are set to be the same size in C#. I want the section size to be as big as the image when there is one and as small as a line of text when there isn't.
I can programatically set the row height but it's for all rows and if it is smaller than the defined image size on the report I get an error. If I make the image really small and set it to can grow... well it doesn't grow and I get tiny images on the report.
I created another detail section below the first and put my images there. I suppress it if the file path length is 0. I then checked 'underlay following section' which puts the item number and the image side by side.
Yay!
Well kind of. Now the only issue I have is when the 2 sections split over 2 pages. Keep together doesn't seem to work.
The image wasn't the problem. I could re-size the image. It was the row height that was the issue. I couldn't have dynamic row heights, if there was no image then I wanted the row to be the size of the text. I've since moved to MS Reporting Services which can do this.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum