Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: cartesian product issue Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Getch
Groupie
Groupie


Joined: 26 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 47
Quote Getch Replybullet Topic: cartesian product issue
     Posted: 01 Mar 2012 at 7:10am
Hi All,
 
I am fairly new to crystal and I have a seeming simple set of data to pull into a report but the problem is that I need to gather pieces from 4 tables and 1 stored procedure and 1 View.
 
The report was working OK before adding the View and attempting to select only records with a balance GT 0.00.
 
When I added the data field to the report and refreshed, I get a never ended record reading session!
 
Unfortunately that View is the only place I can pull balance data and need to filter the roughly 50,000 current records down to a known 16,000 records with a balance.
 
Any ideas on how this might be accomplished?
 
Currently, I am pulling name, addy, dob, EE#, and ER.
 
I am grouping on EE# in order to weed duplicate records. I was thinking that adding the balance data would not be a big issue since I was already weeding dups this way but the thing never stops running. It hit over 1 billion records before I stopped the report.
 


Edited by Getch - 02 Mar 2012 at 2:33am
Newbie reports
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum