Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: If the group is existed Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
sophieTaureau
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 26 Jan 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 17
Quote sophieTaureau Replybullet Topic: If the group is existed
     Posted: 23 Feb 2012 at 4:23am
Hi
in CR I have created 3 groups, "group1", "group2","group3"
I would like display group1 if  "group1" is existed
if "group1"is not existed-> display "group2"
How can I DO that, please?
IP IP Logged
rkrowland
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 20 Dec 2011
Location: England
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 259
Quote rkrowland Replybullet Posted: 23 Feb 2012 at 4:44am
I don't follow, in all instances where there's a group 2 and/or 3 a group 1 must already exist above them.
 
Please clarify what exactly it is you want.
 
Regards,
Ryan.
IP IP Logged
kostya1122
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 13 Jun 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 475
Quote kostya1122 Replybullet Posted: 23 Feb 2012 at 5:33am
go to section expert select group 2 header
click the X-2 button next to suppress (no drill-down)
place a formula like
not(isnull(table.group1_field))
then select group 3 header
click the X-2 button next to suppress (no drill-down)
place a formula like
not(isnull(table.group1_field)) or
not(isnull(table.group2_field))



Edited by kostya1122 - 23 Feb 2012 at 5:35am
IP IP Logged
sophieTaureau
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 26 Jan 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 17
Quote sophieTaureau Replybullet Posted: 23 Feb 2012 at 9:42pm
Hi, I will clarify my question, the table is like that:
Departement  employeeName   Fonction
      sale                   ABD            Director
      sale                   ABA            Vice Director
  production             CCD            Vice Director     
  production             CPP              worker  
The resultat I want is display the Director's name, if in this departement, there are not director, so display the vice director's name, like that:
Departement  employeeName   
      sale                   ABD           
  production             CCD  
 
IP IP Logged
rkrowland
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 20 Dec 2011
Location: England
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 259
Quote rkrowland Replybullet Posted: 23 Feb 2012 at 10:18pm
This is how I'd try and do it, however I haven't tested it so can't guarantee it would work.
 
First create a group on Department and then another group on Function.
 
Now, create a formula, for example's sake we'll call it role;
 
@Role
if {table.function} = "Director" then 1 else
if {table.function = "Vice Director" then 2 else
100
 
Now here's the part I'm not sure Crystal will allow you to do. Go to Report > Selection Formulas > Group... and enter the following.
 
 
Let me know how it goes.
 
Regards,
Ryan.
 
 
IP IP Logged
sophieTaureau
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 26 Jan 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 17
Quote sophieTaureau Replybullet Posted: 24 Feb 2012 at 3:13am
rkrowland,
I know you idea, I have tried your solution,
once I created the group 'fonction'and 'Role' and entered the formula
Selection Formulas, there are no data displayed in the détail.
I have no idea...Dead


IP IP Logged
rkrowland
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 20 Dec 2011
Location: England
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 259
Quote rkrowland Replybullet Posted: 24 Feb 2012 at 3:24am
Try this in the group selection formula instead;
 
 
Is it possible to have more than 1 director or vice director in any given department?
 
Regards,
Ryan.
 
IP IP Logged
sophieTaureau
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 26 Jan 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 17
Quote sophieTaureau Replybullet Posted: 24 Feb 2012 at 3:59am
rkrowland, I tried your proposal, I just made a little change like that: 
THanks very very much!!!LOL


Edited by sophieTaureau - 28 Feb 2012 at 2:36am
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum