Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Report total from subreport Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
katfoxus
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 17 Oct 2011
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 19
Quote katfoxus Replybullet Topic: Report total from subreport
     Posted: 22 Feb 2012 at 6:14am
I have a field on a subreport that I need a total on the main report for the field. I have so far only been able to get group totals. Is there a way in CR XI to get the overall total?
IP IP Logged
kevlray
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 29 Oct 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1587
Quote kevlray Replybullet Posted: 22 Feb 2012 at 6:30am
I am assuming that you have a running total of some sort in the sub-report.  You then could created a formula that assigns that running total to a shared variable, then you should be able to display that shared variable in the main report (in a formula).

I hope this helps.
IP IP Logged
katfoxus
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 17 Oct 2011
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 19
Quote katfoxus Replybullet Posted: 22 Feb 2012 at 8:26am
That is what i did but i'm still only getting the total of the last group. I've never really used shared variables or running totals before.
IP IP Logged
kostya1122
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 13 Jun 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 475
Quote kostya1122 Replybullet Posted: 22 Feb 2012 at 8:54am
here is a link that shows how to use a shared variable from sub report
http://www.codeguru.com/forum/showthread.php?t=449494



IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum