Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Hierarchical grouping like Explorer Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Sandy2000
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 22 Feb 2012
Location: Lithuania
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote Sandy2000 Replybullet Topic: Hierarchical grouping like Explorer
     Posted: 22 Feb 2012 at 1:20am
Hi,

I would like to make hierarchy structure based drilling to act like folder navigation in Explorer.

For example I have grouping in a report

Fruits
---Apples
---Oranges

In each category under Apples and Oranges we have items which are shown when drilling is done.

I want user to have possibility to drill into any of these categories independently - lets say to have Apples and Oranges section open at once.

Basically I am trying to have functionality like file manager has -  in the left window we have folder structure, when we open folder we see files in the right window.

I was thinking about creating global array and registering there hierarchy group names when user is performing drilling. then I am trying to 'unhide' those sections which names are in the array.

But I am not able to do this :)

Is there a possibility to achieve smth like this? The problem I see that when user is performing drilling in CR, he gets presented only with the subset of records avaliable in this drill level and there is no possibility to access records not avaliable in this drill level.

could anyone suggest anything?

I am using Crystal Reports for enterprise, grouping is done on BEx hierarchy object.

thx in advance.
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 22 Feb 2012 at 3:40am
well if you use the report tree, it already segments out the data by all the groupings (personally, I hide this from the users, as I don't like it, and no one has asked for it)
 
you would do a subreport on demand, which initially displays as a hyper link, and when clicked/expanded displays the subreport.  I believe that it will collapse again, but it has been a couple of years since I did a report like that.
 
HTH
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum