Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Dynamically set number of copies to print Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Rand
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 27 Oct 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 5
Quote Rand Replybullet Topic: Dynamically set number of copies to print
     Posted: 19 Feb 2012 at 8:40pm
Is there a way within Crystal Reports to alter printer settings to change the number of copies to print at run time?  I want to user a parameter to prompt the user for a number, then use a formula in the report to use this number to update the number of copies to be printed.

Looking through google for an answer I get the impression that I should be doing this with VB Code, but switching to VB Syntax in the Crystal Report Editor (v10) I don't seem to have the libraries for these available.
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 20 Feb 2012 at 3:11am
hmmm....
I would have thought that you would do this in an application that calls the report.  It should be able to interface to the printer section and update the number of copies.
 
If you are just doing this from CR, I don't know if it's possible...probably not if you didn't see anything (I haven't ever tried to affect the printer set up from CR). 
IP IP Logged
Rand
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 27 Oct 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 5
Quote Rand Replybullet Posted: 20 Feb 2012 at 3:27am
Yeah it's a 3rd party software that I'm working with so I'm a bit limited in what I can do. I can't see how it would be possible straight from Crystal, but I had someone that used to work with this tell me that they thought it was.
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 20 Feb 2012 at 3:36am
glad someone could help
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum